Steve's Home Page
I now work at MBARI, but this legacy personal page remains.
I have made the
sheet music of some of my compositions available in PDF format for free! These include two piano and cello songs, and a piano duet. Please respect my copyright on the music... On to the music!
E-mail me () if you have any comments...
I have transcribed a bunch of Iron and Wine songs for guitar.
Get the tablature and/or chord files at my I & W tabs page. Collect all twenty!
Take a look the page for the invertebrate zoology class which I taught in Fall 1996 at The Evergreen State College in Washington.
See how well you'd do on the final exams! (Also scroll down a little to see the tests from the class.)
How about few good poems...
- MATTHEW XXV:30 by Jorge Luis Borges
- NEAR HUNSTANTON by Michael Hofmann
- THE LESSON OF THE MOTH by archy (Don Marquis)
- EXHORTATION by Mike Nichols
- NOW YOU NEED ME by Virginia Hamilton Adair
- THE CINNAMON PEELER by Michael Ondaatje
- O SWEET SPONTANEOUS by e.e. cummings
- DAYS AFTER YOU HAVE LEFT by Laura Hurley
Macintosh and Computer Stuff:
[MORE SCRIPTS CAN BE FOUND HERE]. I have a couple of perl scripts for converting molecular sequences between different formats. They are specifically designed to convert long names with spaces into short names which work with Phylip format (e.g. for PhyML), and then convert the results back to include the long names. You'll probably want both the encoder and the decoder. To use them, convert the suffix to .pl (optional) and make executable or run with the perl -w command.
My palm pilot program helps calculate how much of each ingredient you should add to mix up a PCR reaction. (We call it the master-mix solution.) I think this is my most useful program to date (aside from keyremapping, which I use everyday). If you are a molecular biologist, you
need it! Download palmPCR.
- You can also find out about a program I wrote to convert EG&G/MCS files to a Mac-readable format. The newest version (1.5) supports MCS Plus files, too.
Steven Haddock, PhD
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
7700 Sandholdt Rd.
Moss Landing, CA 95039-0628
e-mail: Last modified: August 22 2011 15:05:48.